Pages

Thursday 25 June 2015

Meet Serena Bee

Meet Serena Bee...





Serena is a lovely lady from Montreal Quebec who I wanted to include around the time that I did Pocket Letters  and meeting Janette Lane (Pocket Letter Creator). My reason for wanting to include Serena is because her Pocket Letters are stunning I love her style.  There are a lot of Pocket Letter creators out there but there's something about Serena's that I love.

She loves creepy cute art and has recently had her first set of stamps made and sold through Brutus Monroe – they are call Deadly Desserts, and the reception and feedback for Serena's stamps has been amazing, they sold out the first batch and have had to make more such is the demand.
Here is a link to Serena's YouTube channel – this video is showcasing her Deadly dessert stamps, they're so cute!



Serena is a Mixed Media Artist, Journaler and loves her planners. Like Serena I have a few different planners. My favourite at the moment is a lime green dotty 'Messydori' that I bought on Etsy. Serena uses a Midori for some of her Art Journaling.


You can see a video of Serena's Journaling process on her YouTube channel, if you click HERE


Here are some examples of Serena's Journaling pages, a few of these are very new and we're among the first to see them!




So very very true! love the background.




You can see more of her Journal pages here on Serena's Flickr account.. HERE

The thing that I love about Art Journaling is that there is so much going on and Serena's are a great example of that, layers, mark-making, textures, different mediums - Acrylic, Watercolour, Washi, Pen, Ink, Paper, Embellishments, Quotes etc

I wanted to make sure that I showed you a selection of Serena's Pocket Letters as well – they show her style perfectly and are just beautiful and I'm a little obsessed with them (and pocket letters in general).


The first is inspired by Tim Burton/Night Before Christmas








The second combines Serena's love of mixed media in her Pocket Letters.. isn't it great, I love it.  Finally another Pocket Letter in Serena's unique style.

As you've seen by my other posts I do like to find out what I can about the featured Artist, so here goes...

Hello Serena :) ....



Please tell us your name and how old are you? (don't worry about the age if you don't want to)

My Name is Serena and I am 27 years old.

What is your earliest creative memory?

Serena: My earliest memory doesn’t come from when i was a toddler, but when I was maybe around 10 years old. I don’t remember my parents every giving me anything crafty to do. I remember discovering it on my own and going after it on my own; gathering and buying the supplies i needed to re-create DIY projects I found online or in books. I loved watching different TV shows that featured lots of fun crafty projects . I also loved art class is grade school because I enjoyed coloring.

I think my art now will continue to evolve as I grow and find my creative style. For the moment, I love to use bright bold colors but mostly pinks, purples, blues, black, and white. I also use lots of layering, glitter, and sparkle! I enjoy Art Journaling and mixed media. I enjoy creating ATCs, mini albums, pocket letters, cards, working in my Midori, altered projects and DIY projects such as home decor. I’m a little bit everywhere!


Do you ever suffer from a creative block and if so how do you get yourself out of it?

Serena: Yes, I think we all do at some point or another. When I’m in a creative funk, i like to emerge myself in as many crafts i can. I go on Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and even on Studio Calico’s member gallery ( You can find Studio Calico's Gallery HERE ) and just look at as many projects as I can and get inspired by what I see!

Who inspires you?

Serena: Honestly, my crafty friends and YouTube subscribers. I get inspiration from like minded Crafters as well. I also get inspired by some of my favorite scrapbook Designers and Bloggers as well.

What is your favourite piece of work that you've created?

Serena: I don’t think I can really pick one favorite, many pieces have a place in my crafty heart for one reason or another. But I do love my home decor pieces. I love my altered Halloween wall art. I also love my first Halloween mini I ever made. I have videos for all of these projects on my youtube channel.


What are your creative ambitions for the future?

Serena: My ultimate dream is to make paper crafting my career, there is nothing I wish more. I I want to start my own scrapbook company and start designing my own products, i have so many ideas. If I can live and breathe crafting for the rest of my life I would die happy.

I designed my first stamp set Deadly Desserts last month and the positive response I got from people has made me believe that my dream can become my reality."


What do you do when you're not being creative?

Serena: When i’m not crafting I am at work our out with my boyfriend. I also spend a lot of time on Youtube!! like, A LOT of time hehe. I also watch a lot of TV shows, I’m a TV fiend! I also love to travel.


if you were stranded on a desert island and could only take 3 art/craft items with you what would they be?

Serena: I would bring a camera/printer with a lifetime supply of batteries and refills so i can take pictures and document the beautiful island i am on. For that i will also need a photo or mini album to put my pictures in, and lastly, i would bring… lots and lots of stickers! I may be stranded in a beautiful place but i will be able to create a memory album of my stay there for years to come ;)

Tell us where we can find your work and your social media sites.

Serena: You can find me pretty much everywhere on social media.
Here are my links:

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/serenabee
Instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/seresbee
Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/serenabeecreative/
My blog
http://www.wondercrafted.blogspot.ca
Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/serena_bee/my-creations-%2B-tutorials/
Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/braciedesigns

Thank you for reading!

I have really enjoyed meeting Serena, I cannot remember where I first saw her work (I can't remember what I did last night, nevermind longer than that!) but I loved it straight away and I love it now.  We will revisit with Serena in the future to see how her dream of a life of papercrafting is going, good luck with it Serena, I hope it's a massive success for you and thank you for agreeing to be a part of my blog :)

If you've enjoyed this post please leave a comment below and if you want to meet more creative people please subscribe to my blog, many thanks and have a great day.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun blogpost to read!!! LOVED IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very kind of you to say Thank you Ellen (if you don't mind sharing to any crafty/arty/creative friends you have I would really appreciate it, the blog is very new and I have so many exciting plans. Thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete